Subject: RE: rockbox website

RE: rockbox website

From: Sean Mealin <seanpm_at_triad.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 12:55:49 -0400

From: rockbox-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se [mailto:rockbox-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se] On
Behalf Of Paul Erkens
Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2007 9:02 AM
To: Rockbox
Subject: rockbox website

<Paul>

Hi list,

I'd like to track down a problem on the rockbox web pages, so that I can
write to the people who can probably help. Hopefully the web master him or
herself. Does any one know who that is or where to write to? If any of you
understands html well, maybe you can help me with advice before I write.

Because I'm forced to use a screen reader, that translates the pc screen's
contents into speech and braille, I'm using a tool that converts the
graphical web page into a text equivalent, so that it can be properly
spoken. This almost always goes well, except for when the page has been
desinged without accessibility in mind.

The page with the latest builds is almost not usable for me and other blind
folks. The reason is that the links in the tables were not labeled
correctly. To show you all the seriousness of this problem, below is a
snapshot of my web page, so you can see why exactly we are experiencing
daily difficulties with this page. All important links in the table are
called zero.

 </Paul>

Hi;

The easiest way I have found is go to the end of the page using ctrl-end;
hit ctrl-UpArrow; and go up a few lines. That will put you in a table, but
it is easier to think of it as a list. The names of all the players are
there, and you just have to hit enter on one of them.

If that does not work; try using your screen reader's find function and
search for the words:

"Here's how the file sizes of"

(Don't forget to drop the quotes.)

If that does not work, and you are using Jaws, you can use the link list
feature. I am not sure what the equivalent is in other screen readers. It is
not a matter of the links being labeled wrong; it is just a matter of
finding them. You just need to know how to get to them. :-)

If anyone needs some help, just email again and I can see what I can do.

Sean