Subject: RE: Ladies and Gentlemen, we have SOUND!

RE: Ladies and Gentlemen, we have SOUND!

From: Sarai <bucc7465_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 15:11:24 -0500

Jens wrote"
I am happy to announce that rockbox just played music for the first time
on an iPod Video G5.5 80GB. While this one isn't a completely new
target, it's a much awaited one, complementing rockbox support on the
iPod Video series.

In case you want to know, the first song played by rockbox on the G5.5
80GB was "My Dark Side Home" by Visions of Atlantis.

At devcon we decided to implement the "cheap" way for a start, having a
slightly negative impact on disk performance but being a whole lot
easier to implement. There's always the opportunity to improve
performance later on.

I'll give the code some good stress testing before committing it to SVN,
so please don't be too impatient :)

Keep on rocking!!

Jens
***
Good going guys, you've made a blind user very happy! When it's tested,
I'll go buy my 80 GB ipod! Thank you!

Sarai D. Bucciarelli