Subject: Re: Problem recording on Ipod Video 5 gen 60GB

Re: Problem recording on Ipod Video 5 gen 60GB

From: Michael DiFebbo <medifebbo_at_rcn.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 10:32:38 -0400

Peter Herngaard wrote:
> Then, I unplug the headphones and plug in my 3,5 cable, currently I
> have no true dock connector like ITalk Pro or TuneTalk.
> But I had read somewhere that you could record directly from the 3,5
> mm jack.

This is incorrect. The iPod Video does not support recording through
the headphone jack. The hardware exists for the iPod Video to record
through the dock connector, but Rockbox's implementation of recording
features is far from complete. For all practical purposes, you cannot
yet record using Rockbox and the iPod Video.