Subject: Re: thanks, and some other questions and comments.

Re: thanks, and some other questions and comments.

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 06:59:43 +0200

RaZorbacK wrote:
> It may be cool if someone could make a special installer containing
> only the necessary packages? Couldn't it be solve our problem?

We once had that, and it instead caused other problems, like not staying
in sync with the original Cygwin distribution. It worked quite well for
those who only wanted to compile Rockbox and nothing else. The biggest
problem was that the installation file was rather big, and the author
tried to keep it small by excluding as many non-vital packages as
possible. As Rockbox evolved, more and more of those packages came to
use, and the installation file had to be updated. It soon became quite a
burden to handle that.

Linus