Subject: Re: How accessible is rbutil for the blinds ?

Re: How accessible is rbutil for the blinds ?

From: Henning Oschwald <listmail_at_hoschwald.de>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 14:44:00 +0200

Hi,

On Sa, Jun 09 2007, Dominik Wenger wrote:

> As you might know, in the future (when its ready for this task) rbutil
> (http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/RockboxUtility)
> will be the official installing method for Rockbox.
>
> For an official installer it should also be useable by the visually
> impaired, so i am asking now for reports how good or bad it works with
> screenreaders and other tools for the visually impaired.

The tool is almost 100% accessible with the Orca screenreader on
 Linux. I've testet on Debian Unstable with the recent SVN snapshot of
 Orca.

Here is just one problem I observed:
At startup, the menu bar is just accessible, but the focus isn't set
correctly in the 'installation' tab, so you have to do a mouse click
before you can tab through the dialog elements.

cheers

  Henning