Subject: iRiver H320: Am I hosed?

iRiver H320: Am I hosed?

From: S Sturgis <stevesturgis_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 09:20:06 -0700
I have an iRiver H320 (US version) that started giving me problems. The first problem was the Data USB port was no longer being recognized when I hooked it up to my computer. The system would see that something had been connected but the drive letter no longer showed up. (Windows XP Pro SP 2.) The Media USB port continued to work but the transfer rate was ridiculously slow. The iRiver had the latest iRiver firmware (1.04).
I had the great idea of flashing the firmware with the international firmware that also plays videos. I did and the unit starts up and appears to work fine but it did not fix the Data USB port problem. In fact, the Media USB port now no longer works. Therefore, I can't even access the unit to either install RockBox or re-flash the unit with the legit 1.04 version.
Does anyone know how to access the unit when the USB ports do not work? I have tried resetting the unit and other global kinds of functions (format, etc.) but none seem to work.
Thanks,
Steve

Don’t miss your chance to WIN $10,000 and other great prizes from Microsoft Office Live Received on 2007-06-18