Subject: Re: Update: Re: Menus Suddenly Not Speaking

Re: Update: Re: Menus Suddenly Not Speaking

From: Peter Herngaard <pethern_at_email.dk>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 17:06:29 +0200

> although the folders and files still speak. I updated Rockbox and the
> English voice file, but the same problem continues. No combination of
> buttons makes the menus speak now. How do I correct this?

I have had a similar experience on an Ipod Video 60GB.
One solution is connecting your Iriver to your computer and navigate to the
.rockbox folder. In that folder there
might be a file called something like config.cfg within which the option
talk menu is mysteriously, and for no apparent reason, set to off.
Open the file in notepad and change talk menu to on like this:

talk menu: on
and save the file.
Now disconnect your player and restart.

Perhaps there is a bug in rockbox, but I can't figure out how to file a
Flyspray report.