Subject: RE: Problem with Tagcache . . .

RE: Problem with Tagcache . . .

From: Tyler Wood <the_conman283_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 10:55:32 -0500

you wrote:

I have several albums by one
artist that are mis-categorized. These are albums from CDs that I
ripped, but that were tagged with misspellings of the artist's name
(Alanis Morissette, a name that begs to be misspelt) that results in
three separate artist tags. Thus, when I want to listen to all albums
by a given artist, I am forced to listen to an abridged version. This
also occurs when attempting to listen to all my Beatles albums
(Beatles, The; Beatles; and The Beatles).

In attempt to remedy, I removed all songs from my MP3 player and
removed Rockbox. Using id3v2, I explicitly retagged all songs with the
proper artist name. I then installed a newer version of Rockbox
(13377-070513) and uploaded the re-taged songs. Then, I ran Tag Cache.
I even ran fsckdos.

Now, I have exactly the same Tag Cache entries I had before. I
verified that all artist names were correct on the MP3 player via
id3v2.

How should I remedy this problem?

Hi Ben,

Have you initialized/updated the database at all? Other than that, there's
not much I can say about it,since I don't use the database all that much- I
have all my albums in one subfolder of an artist. (for example, the beetles
would be catigorized in one folder by albums by year- since that's how I
like it).

hope that helps
Tyler

See Fireworks On Live Image Search