Subject: Re: sansa e200 and micro sd cards

Re: sansa e200 and micro sd cards

From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 00:06:15 +0200

On 7/15/07, kim <arwynevenstar2_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Id rockbox can't recognize a 4gb micro
> sd card in the sansa, is it something which is going to be worked on? THanks

MicroSD cards with capacities greater than 2GiB are so-called
"High-Capacity" cards (SDHC) which need to be adressed differently. If
you're accessing the card using the SPI mode it isn't too much to
change (at least for adressing). AFAIK Rockbox uses SPI mode only. No
idea how much needs to be changed for SDIO mode. I think to remember
somewhere that SDHC cards aren't required to support SPI mode anymore,
but I might be wrong on that.

Also, SDHC cards use a different file system (FAT32 instead of FAT16).
No idea if Rockbox already adapts to that for removeable cards.

 - Dominik