Rockbox mail archive
Subject: Task Tracker cleanup week coming!
Task Tracker cleanup week coming!
currently our task tracker is quite crowded: we have about 200 open
bugs. Some of them are really old and most likely kind of forgotten.
As this amount of open tasks degrades the usability of the tracker
we'd be happy if you could help us cleaning it up a bit. This will
work as following:
We will have a cleanup week. That period will start next week, at
monday, 30th july and last exactly one week, until sunday, 5th august.
During that time, please help us with the following:
- try to reproduce bugs. When doing so, please make sure to
* use the latest official build from http://build.rockbox.org
* do *not* use an unofficial build
* if the bug persists with your settings, try to reproduce it after
resetting to default settings (Settings / Manage Settings / Reset
Settings from the main menu).
* leave a comment to the appropriate task. Don't forget to include
the revision number of Rockbox you're running (find them in System /
Rockbox Info). Please give the complete version string (something like
r13910-070715), not only parts of it. The exact version string helps
us to identify the version you are using. Alternatively, attach the
file /.rockbox/rockbox-info.txt (or its contents) to your comment.
* if you found other noticeable things about that task (f.e. another
way to reproduce the bug) don't forget to notice that in your comment.
If it's specific to your personal settings please attach the file
/.rockbox/config.cfg (or a file with your exported configuration) to
- look at feature requests and check if they still apply.
* check if the feature is already implemented. In that case just
leave a comment so we can close the task.
* check if there is another way of achieving the same is
implemented. If there is something like this please note that in the
comments, so we can check if we want to keep the request open.
- if you are familiar with compiling, you can also help with the
patches. You can check and report back
* if a patch is completely outdated, thus superseded by a similar
feature that is already in current builds
* if a patch doesn't apply anymore. Feel free to re-sync that patch,
but please don't post multiple "sync please" comments -- if there is
one such comment it's sufficient; as patches are to be maintained by
their creators there's no point in requesting syncs.
Of course you're welcome to help cleaning up the tracker beyond that
cleanup period. If you want to discuss about a specific feature
request / patch / bug feel free to join us on IRC.
Thanks for your help.
Received on 2007-07-24
Page was last modified "Jan 10 2012" The Rockbox Crew