Subject: Ladies and gentlemen, we have SOUND!

Ladies and gentlemen, we have SOUND!

From: Jens Arnold <arnold-j_at_t-online.de>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 21:49:30 +0200

Archoses ... irivers ... iaudios ... newer ipods ... the
gigabeat ...

Maybe you have already spotted it on the frontpage - around 2
hours ago, rockbox played music on one of the classic iPods for
the first time - the second generation ("touch wheel"). The
first generation will hopefully follow real soon, as the
difference are minimal.

It's still rather unstable, i.e. playback often locks when
trying to start it, but that also applies to the third
generation iPod. Nevertheless it played almost one full album
so far. I'm pretty sure we'll find a fix.

Keep on rocking!!

Jens

P.S.: In case you want to know - the first song ever played
      in rockbox on a 2nd gen iPod was "Drive" by Client.