Subject: Re: Help loading Rockbox on the iaudio x5

Re: Help loading Rockbox on the iaudio x5

From: Rich Cavallaro <richcav_at_verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 18:47:06 -0400

Hi may:
In once owning an x5 before moving to an iPod maybe I can help.
First you copy the x5 boot loader in to the firmware directory on to your
x5.
Then plug in the x5 to the AC power.
Let the boot loader install.
Then, unzip a build of rockbox.
With all the new voice issues at the moment, I would say use the august 5
daily build of rockbox.
Here is a direct link to the zip.
http://download.rockbox.org/daily/iaudiox5/rockbox-iaudiox5-20070805.zip
After downloading that zip file unzip that to the route of your iaudio.
It should show up as a drive in windows explorer.
Andre Louis of
tbrn.net
has made voice files.
Get the voices from July 29th.
Here is a direct link.
http://tbrn.net/rockbox/voices070729.7z
Now you will need a program called 7-zip from
www.7-zip.org
and get the program to unzip these files.

I would use the eloquence reed voice file.
You will find it in the zip archive.
Rename it to english.voice and paste it in the .rockbox/langs folder.
Then unplug your player from the USB and plug in to the charger to install.
If you have any questions. feel free to contact me via skype
Skype username is richcav