Subject: RE: Please explain!

RE: Please explain!

From: Rick Alfaro <rick.alfaro_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 09:14:00 -0400

Begin quoted material:
Gosh, everybody stop being so petty about this. I got into an argument
exactly like this before, and even had one of the list admins adding his 2p
worth, and it was after that I realised it's just such a small-minded, anal
thing to be getting aggravated about. Top-posting is from the days of BBSes;
email lists are an entirely different matter yet there is a distinct line
between the technical people who've been using one form or another of list
for decade or more, and the people who are just general day-to-day users. I
was having a discussion about top-versus-bottom posting with my Dad the
End quoted material:
Christopher,

I just wanted to jump in here and say that I totally agree with you. What
has happened to this list? I have been away for a while and now am back
reading the messages and I can't believe the rudeness and harshness I am
seeing from several on this list. It used to be a warm and friendly list as
well as helpful. What I am seeing now is petty and the list in general has
adapted a nasty and unfriendly tone to it. I know lists are not
democracies, but come on folks, it isn't what you say but how you say it.
Let's exercise a little compassion and kindness toward others and avoid this
Gestapo like attitude I am seeing from some.

Now I know someone is going to jump in and ask me to leave if I don't like
it, but I don't want to leave. I'd like the list to be the warm and
friendly list I used to know from several months ago. Thanks for reading.