Subject: Re: Sorry for all the questions

Re: Sorry for all the questions

From: Ed Nickl <pioneer4x4_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 14:16:13 -0400

> On Sunday, September 02, 2007 10:20 AM Darryl wrote:
> Subject: Sorry for all the questions
>

> hi,
> Just a dumb question, but does the IRiver H10 20GB with Rockbox open
> ITunes
> files? I want to get something from ITunes store but I don't want to
> unless
> I can open it.
> Please let me know.
>
> No. You will need to convert the tunes to an unprotected format that
> rockbox supports.
>
> hth...rocker
>
> D-M

Also as an FYI,
There are iTunes plugins that can 'unprotect' m4p files to m4a files that
you legally bought through iTunes. You can only do ones you can legally
play on the computer with it installed, so this isn't a way to skirt the
law, it is a way to legally purchase songs that you will always be able to
play later without going through the BS to convert to mp3.