Subject: Nano stability with new builds

Nano stability with new builds

From: Hamish Mackenzie <hamish_at_mackenzieoz.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 18:39:39 +1000

Hi All

I recently formatted my nano and set up cygwin and have been making voice files and compiling rockbox but I am noticing that I am having lots of crashes. they don't always seem to happen at the same time or when I am trying to do something but invariably they happen when I stop the player and it creates a bookmark that it now tells me about then crashes. I am not sure of the error message as I cant see the screen but it requires a reboot using the top button and the centre to get going again. I have also had crashes skipping forward or backwards to the next or previous file and when bringing up the menu when playing a file or trying to do something like adjusting the pitch. I have tried several voice files I have made and several versions of rb that I have compiled all with similar results. I have also experience the same when using a build from the web site and the supplied festival voice. I have voice files and folders set to off and use mp3 clips on for both. I recently noticed a post that mentioned that one should not be using the old voicebox.hta file which I actually have been using for these clips so is this likely to be the problem as I cant figure out anything else. Also can someone point me to the new pearl script for creating voice files as I am happy to give that a go but am having trouble locating it and any instructions for use on the page.

As always keep up the great work.

Cheers

Hamish