Subject: Re: Sansa E280 not recognized by USB

Re: Sansa E280 not recognized by USB

From: Angie Matney <angie_at_mpmail.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 18:43:52 -0400

On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 00:05:27 +0200, RaZorbacK wrote:

>Have you lot of music on your sansa? if it's the case, the unit is
>probably updating the database on the original firmware. but, if you're
>visually impaired, we cannot be aware of this update process. Someone on
>the list, told me to wait a bit after having switched the player on the
>original firmware then plug the USB cable.

Thank you. Yes, I have a lot of stuff on it, but I was having this problem before I managed to put music on there. I am also blind, so I will try your suggestion.

I have also had problems with the player freezing, but I have figured out what to do for that (hold down the power button for a long, long time and then turn it on again).

The Sansa with Rockbox would be a great little system...if it actually worked. sigh.

Thanks,

Angie