Subject: Sansa e260 & OGG

Sansa e260 & OGG

From: Paul Hannah <pkhannah_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 09:34:57 +1000

Hi,

One of the (many) reasons I installed rockbox was to get access to
other formats -- primarily ogg.

I have two problems though when I load an ogg album and hopefully
someone knows what's going wrong...

First the ogg files don't appear in the database at all.

Second, when I play them via the file menu, it appears that the player
can't handle the decoding -- about every 20s or so there is a 1/2s
pause, and the interface is obviously being slowed (I'm using the
'text' theme and the obvious thing is the level meters.)

In case it matters, they are encoded using Sound Juicer with all
default settings (actually it was encoded on a virgin install of gutsy
tribe 5. The id3 information apart from genre was automatically
entered.

Otherwise, it's taken _all_ the unbelievable frustration I had of the
default firmware and left me with a player the I can actually use!

Cheers,
Paul.