Subject: Re: Sansa e260 & OGG

Re: Sansa e260 & OGG

From: Paul Hannah <pkhannah_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 18:42:31 +1000

OK,

Yes I had initialized the database (twice) but it hadn't shown up --
but I just redid a lot of the audio content and rebuilt the database
and it's appearing now. I'm guessing that it takes a while for the
database to initialize and I may have perhaps rebooted before it was
finished...

Anyway, it's working now!

Can I ask what the difference between the official release and your
(and others) version is? Is there a reason why those patches aren't
being included in the main build? I notice some are and some aren't
-- is it sort of a beta-release or just a philosophical difference
between the maintainers?

The next question I have (if anyone knows) is what FM region is
Australia? I've tried all 4 and the tuner doesn't seem to work all
that well in any of them. Korea seems to be the best, but the tuning
stops one step too soon on every station (e.g. there's a station at
95.40, the tuner stops at 95.30 reliably, one step more for each scan
stop is the right station -- not perfect, but as good as it seems to
get.)

And (lastly) after being connected all night and starting up I get
60-70% battery charge which it claims will last me 4-5hrs (and this
seems to vary up as well as down, e.g. i'll look one time and it'll be
50% just after charging and an hour later it'll be 80%...)

Is this just because my battery is knackered (it's not a new player,
but it's been very rarely used since it was bought as a present for a
non-techie.) Or is it just that the battery meter isn't very well
calibrated? The sansa firmware shows it similarly low, so I'm
guessing the battery is on it's last legs. Are they selling
replacements yet?

Thanks heaps,
Paul.