Subject: Re: Sansa e260 & OGG

Re: Sansa e260 & OGG

From: Charles philip Chan <cpchan_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 14:41:40 -0400

"Paul Hannah" <pkhannah_at_gmail.com> writes:

> Anyway, it's working now!

Great.

> Can I ask what the difference between the official release and your
> (and others) version is?

The list of patches applied is listed in the first post of my thread:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12583

Most unofficial builds tend to add more functionality and/or are more
catered towards the device that they are build for. My builds also
feature a slightly altered menu (regular build) and a more radically
altered menu (menu build).

For now, if you plan to watch video on your e200, you are better off
using one of the unoffical builds on ABi. This is because the mpegplayer
in the stock Rockbox build lacks resume and seeking.

> Is there a reason why those patches aren't being included in the main
> build? I notice some are and some aren't -- is it sort of a
> beta-release or just a philosophical difference between the
> maintainers?

A lot of new functionality first started off as patches on
flyspray. Some will eventally make it into Rocbox proper once it is
enough testing is done. Some won't, due to philosophical differences.

> The next question I have (if anyone knows) is what FM region is
> Australia?

I have no idea.

> Is this just because my battery is knackered (it's not a new player,
> but it's been very rarely used since it was bought as a present for a
> non-techie.) Or is it just that the battery meter isn't very well
> calibrated?

The battery meter for the e200 series is not accurate. You should be
able to get somewhere between 12 to 16 hours depend on the codecs used,
options enabled and usage pattern. As a temporary work around in my
builds, I use a "Runtime Estimate" patch.

Charles