Subject: Re: database creation and listening

Re: database creation and listening

From: Jacob Rau <jacob.rau_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 06:42:56 -0400

Since I don't actually use the database in Rockbox, I cannot give you any
pointers on using it, but it sounds like you are confusing the iTunes
database and the Rockbox database. Currently, Rockbox will not read the
iTunes-written database--only the original firmware will do that. To listen
to songs in Rockbox, do not use iTunes to copy the songs, rather, copy (drag
and drop) the songs over to the iPod, using a program such as Windows
Explorer.

You may need to go into the iTunes preferences and turn on an option that's
something like "Show drive letter"; this will make the iPod show up in
Explorer. Let me know if you need more specific directions than that.

Jake