Subject: Re: equalizer adjustments on the ipod video

Re: equalizer adjustments on the ipod video

From: Stéphane Doyon <s.doyon_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 22:15:32 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007, Timberwolf wrote:

> I believe the software equilizer is graphical, therefore inaccessible to
> the blind user, however, correct me if I'm wrong.

In addition to the graphical screen, there are both a simple and an
advanced menu which are not graphical.

There are however two small catches: some of the menu strings are
generated dynamically and are not spoken. I wrote a fairly simple patch to
fix this, it's in the tracker at http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/7563.

The second catch is that none of this is spoken if music is already
playing, because Rockbox enters a low latency mode which
currently conflicts with the voice. So you have to stop the music, make
the adjustment, and start again.

--
Stéphane Doyon
<s.doyon_at_videotron.ca>