Subject: "codec unavailable" just the start of it

"codec unavailable" just the start of it

From: John Houlihan <johoul_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 00:38:25 +0100

Hi everyone -

Having multiple rockbox issues today - (iriver h140)
1. woke up this morning and decided to upgrade for some reason I don't
even remember now -
2. upgraded to newest daily build - didn't keep copy of old build
(which was working ok - damn!)
3. got "codec unavailable" when I attempted to play any mp3 file
4. read around and got hint that I may need to upgrade bootloader
5. got .hex file, patched it and rebooted h140 into native system for
bootloader upgrade
6. Iriver failed to start in native system - hung on "scanning file
system" screen
7. Getting worried, figure that I may need to go back to an older
build (maybe year or more ago) but don't know where to get one - am I
on right track?

If you've read this far - thanks, Any ideas would be appreciated -

Johoul