Subject: Sansa e280 freeze with original firmware

Sansa e280 freeze with original firmware

From: Jacob Rau <jacob.rau_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 19:29:47 -0400

Hey list,

I am now a proud owner of a Sansa e280. I tried to install RB on it today. I
extracted the rockbox.zip archive of today's e200 build, and ran
Sansapatcher.exe, installing the bootloader. I could then boot into RockBox
just fine. However, I cannot get the player into the original firmware. When
I boot it up, holding the << button, I see the sandisk splash screen,
followed by the Rockbox boot loader's "Loading original firmware" screen. It
computes the CRC of the firmware; shows it and what the expected CRC
is--they match--and then it freezes. Every other line on the screen goes
black, and then the whole screen fades slowly to black. At this point I'm
stuck with holding the power button for 15 seconds to shut the player off. I
successfully restored it using the restore mode, but I cannot get rockbox to
dual-boot with the original firmware.

Is this a known bug, or unique for my player? I'm willing to be a guinea pig
if you need me to.

Jacob