The way to initialize the recording process on your IAudio x5 is as follows.
1. First make sure that all parameters are set correctly under settings, recording settings. The recording format can be set to mp3, and then the encoder settings will become active, so you can set the desired bitrate at which you wish to record. Also set the source to mic as you already stated. If you choose to record in anything other than mp3, the encoder settings will not be available, as these are only for the mp3 encoder. You can be sure that each setting you make is saved, by arrowing right on the choices. If you exit the menus and then go back into recording settings again, you should find the settings in place.
2. Now, from the main menu, arrow right on "recording". The rec monitor will turn on, and any sound you put into the microphone should instantly be audible through the head phones.
3. Now, adjust the recording level. The recording monitor screen does not speak, so you need to do this blindly. The screen is constructed as a set of horizontal sliders. If you move your joystick from left to right, the slider that you are on will increase or decrease. Moving right increases it, and left decreases it. But initially, you will be located on the topmost item on the screen, which is not the microphone level. Arrow down once, and you will be on the second screen line. This is the mic boost switch that you need. If you move your joystick left, it will switch off, and moving right turns the switch on. The microphone will always record, but its level has two positions, set by this switch on the second screen line. There may be other things you can do inside this monitor, but I have no clue myself about the rest.
4. Now, you need to make the x5 start recording. Press the play button and release it immediately. The x5 is now recording.
5. To stop recording, press the same play button, but hold it for a second or two. That will stop the recording.
6. Lastly, you need to exit out of the rec monitor, back into the main menu. Do that by sliding the power switch to the on position and release it again.
In short: set the recording settings, then enter the rec monitor, arrow down once to get to the mic boost switch, then arrow right once to make sure it is really on and then press play. It records. To stop, hold play for a second, and then exit the monitor by sliding the power switch up and let go.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2007 6:05 PM
Subject: IAudioX5 recording problems
I have RockBox on my IAudioX5 and have selected the integrated microphone as the recording source, I didn't think the recordings were saving at first, but when i found them, i couldn't hear my voice, even though i had spoken. perhaps i'm not anicialising the recording process correctly? and what is the correct way to stop the machine from recording? and if it is the microphone volume, is there a way to adjust this? I have also selected MP3 as my recording format.
I would really appreciate any help
Thanks so much
No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.5.488 / Virus Database: 269.15.0/1077 - Release Date: 10/18/2007 9:54 AM
Received on 2007-10-19