Subject: Re: Should the Sansa series be avoided?

Re: Should the Sansa series be avoided?

From: kim <arwynevenstar2_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 08:23:06 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Aman,

  The sansa e200 works well with rockbox. Yes, the battery isn't optimal, but speech support is excellent. I think rockbox improves on the sansa's original firmware as well in terms of sound, and functionality, and I am happy with its performance.

  Kim

Aman Singer <aman_at_asinger.net> wrote:
  She's also going to be using the
speech extensively, so any trouble with that on the Sansa would be good to
know about. I have looked at the ports page, but all I can see that might be
a reason to avoid the player is that the power handling isn't optimal and
that voice recording is only available through the microphone. I'd be most
grateful to hear what experiences others have had with it.
Aman