Subject: RE: latest ipod video 80 gig build question

RE: latest ipod video 80 gig build question

From: leslie carver <nsolo11_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 18:35:53 -0400

-----Original Message-----
> So are you suggesting that it's not actually a problem at all, or that
> the
> 6606 patch fixes this?
No, 5987 happens DURING pausing. The freeze happens AFTER you attempt to
pause, when the function to pause the music is called. You've described
something that happens randomly while music is playing that you don't notice
UNTIL you press a button, but has happened quite some time prior.

Very different symptoms, and I'm not sure why you seem to think they sound
the same, as the order of effects is wrong, and the fix for 5987 (which is
the patch linked in 6606) very clearly proves that the problem is tied to
JUST the Pause button, which means that your description of it happening
before a button is pressed, and showing up / being visible when any button
is pressed completely rules it out unless your description is inaccurate.
OK - I see what you're saying. I've downloaded today's build, and I'll pay
closer attention to the symptoms if they still occur. Thanks for the input.
And if the symptoms still occur, I'll try to be more specific when reporting
them. I would like to help fix it if possible.

Leslie