Subject: RE: latest ipod video 80 gig build question

RE: latest ipod video 80 gig build question

From: Tipton, Timothy <Timothy.Tipton_at_pxd.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 08:54:16 -0500

> So are you suggesting that it's not actually a problem at all, or that
the
> 6606 patch fixes this?
>
> Leslie
>No, 5987 happens DURING pausing. The freeze happens AFTER you attempt
>pause, when the function to pause the music is called. You've described
>something that happens randomly while music is playing that you don't
>notice UNTIL you press a button, but has happened quite some time
prior.

>Very different symptoms, and I'm not sure why you seem to think they
>sound the same, as the order of effects is wrong, and the fix for 5987
>(which is the patch linked in 6606) very clearly proves that the
problem
>is tied to JUST the Pause button, which means that your description of
>it happening before a button is pressed, and showing up / being visible
>when any button is pressed completely rules it out unless your
>description is inaccurate.

Just to add to the discussion here, I have the same iPod - and it does
the same thing - random freezing - reboot, repeat, et. Al. ... however -
I've noticed that it only happens if I'm playing MP3 - my reasoning for
coming to Rockbox was because of the support for ogg - all of my music
is now ogg, so I haven't experienced this problem since I've converted
my library.

Don't know if that helps or anything, just wanted to throw it in there.

Tim