Rockbox mail archiveSubject: Design and develop a Free/Open hardware audio player for use with RockBox
Design and develop a Free/Open hardware audio player for use with RockBox
From: Casainho <casainho_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 13:18:49 +0000
Hello to all :-) - This is my first message :-)
I had talked in IRC and in foruns about this idea and I started a page in
TWiki of RB - http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/RockBoxPlayer
I am looking for people interested. Please write If you have any ideas, or
want to also build such a player.
Design and develop a Free/Open hardware audio player for use with
- Simple, cheap and easily assembled by humans;
- Audio player (not multimedia player, video or games);
- Total cost less than $200.
Advantages from commercial players
- All hardware documented - perfect
- Great to share music! - just connect one player to other by USB
cable and copy files;
- Free/Open Software build and debug tools;
- Simpler because there will be no need to DRM in system;
- Will not be discontinued from production.
Disadvantages from commercial players
- Not very attractive design.
More info at: http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/RockBoxPlayer
JPCasainho - http://Casainho.net
Received on 2007-11-13