Subject: Re: ATA Error - Sansa E250R - Please Help

Re: ATA Error - Sansa E250R - Please Help

From: Kim Goldenberg <kgolden3_at_optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 11:01:31 -0500

Victor Erevi wrote:
> Its not bricked... I can load the O.F., but I highly dislike the O.F.
> Please help me rockbox this baby.
>
> I followed the linux instructions here:
> http://www.rockbox.org/tw...tallation#Linux_installer
> <http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/SansaE200RInstallation#Linux_installer>
> and then here:
> http://www.rockbox.org/tw...200RInstallationFromLinux
> <http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/SansaE200RInstallationFromLinux>
>
> The Sansa rebooted, then said updating firmware, then restarted. Now,
> it starts up, I get a quick flash of the ROCKBOX logo, then it says:
>

> ATA error: -219
> Press ON to debug
>

> I can connect via USB. If I do, it shows the following text (I took a
> picture so I could write this all out before the screen changed to the
> "Connected" screen:

What version of Linux are you running? (just as a point of reference; it
does not make a difference.)

When you connect via USB, does your Linux automatically connect to the
device and show a file manager (Nautilus for Gnome or <I forget> for KDE)?

Does it show hidden files/directories? If not, go to the options and
turn it on (View menus or preferences dialog).

Does the .rockbox directory show up? Is there anything in there? There
should be a dozen or so sub-directories and other assorted files. If
not, try reloading the rockbox software itself, maybe after downloading
the latest build.

See if this helps.

(Mr.) Kim