Subject: Re: New voice file format for software decoding targets

Re: New voice file format for software decoding targets

From: Thom Johansen <thomj_at_rockbox.org>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 18:12:31 +0100

Thom Johansen wrote:
> Starting very soon, all our software decoding targets will
> switch voice file format from MP3 to our own home-brewed Speex
> (http://www.speex.org/) file format.

And there we go! The SVN tools for making voice files should
now function properly, and Voicebox should be partially
updated. Find a new version at:
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/VoiceHowto
Drag and drop still does not work, and it would be cool if
someone who knows VBScript would fix this.
Rbutilqt will _not_ work properly with the new voice file
format yet, but the next update should have that going
nicely.
Have fun, and don't hesitate to let us know if something
doesn't work right.

Thom