Subject: Re: Toshiba Gigabeat F40 - I messed something up and can't see the menu

Re: Toshiba Gigabeat F40 - I messed something up and can't see the menu

From: Ed Nickl <pioneer4x4_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 08:34:14 -0500

How do I just restore it to the default
> theme or restore everything to "normal" at this point, without being able
> to see the menu listing? I guess I should have left well enough alone and
> not tried to get fancy! Thanks for any advice....Sharon

If you can get to WPS,
Center of the + "I believe it is called 'select' "
Left twice to get to main screen it ends up on "files" which is the second
from the top
Down 3 times to Settings then Select
Down 2 times to Theme Settings then Select
It will be on Browse Themes, so hit select
then just hit Select to pick the top one, or go up/down to pick another and
hit Select

I have mine set to boot to recent bookmarks, so if I hit Left from that I
end up at main menu at the top, then go Down 4 times to Settings.

I have had the same problem as you, I will try and document how to
recreate/AVOID.