Subject: Re: voice clips being cut off

Re: voice clips being cut off

From: Stéphane Doyon <s.doyon_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 09:01:06 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 5 Dec 2007, daniel dalton wrote:

> On 5/12/2007 9:56 AM, Woody Anna Dresner wrote:
>>>
>>> How old is your rbspeexenc? Or in the case you're using Voicebox, how
>>> old is that? I fixed some bugs in the encoder related to this some
>>> weeks ago.
>>>
>>> Thom
>>

>> HI Tom,
>>
>> I downloaded VoiceBox today from the Rockbox wiki, so I assume it's the
>> most recent version. How would I tell? Thanks.
>
> Um well check
> http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/8066

I was going to mention this. Was wondering why no one other than me was
seeing this :-). Might want to pester jhMikeS about this.

> I think Stephane sent me a fix but I better ask him if I can post it. I do

I have a workaround, which is to play a tiny silence after .talk clips
like we do for voice file clips. That's a workaround though, not really a
fix, (otherwise I'd have committed it by now).

> believe this is a hard drive based player problem though since he had
> problems on his x5 and not on e 200.

It may not be hard drive related. Rather, jhMikeS says the X5 and e200 do
DMA of the pcm buffer differently, I forget the details.

--
Stéphane Doyon
<s.doyon_at_videotron.ca>