Subject: Re: Any hope of Rockbox on the Ipod Classic?

Re: Any hope of Rockbox on the Ipod Classic?

From: Josh Drizin <krazykit_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 11:00:17 -0500

> I know the firmware is encoded. Is anyone trying to crack it?

Not as far as I know. If they are, there is no information in the New
Ports forum.

> Is there any
> hope of getting a petition together to give to Apple to show how many people
> might be interested in their hardware if they could run Rockbox on it?

Apple won't care. They're not obligated to give any sort of
information out, no matter how many people may petition for it. In
fact, they might not even be allowed to, since they're using Samsung's
system-on-chip. If you really want the documentation, talk to
Samsung, though they'll very likely tell you to screw off.

-Josh