Subject: Rockbox refuses to boot

Rockbox refuses to boot

From: Peacenik <zenbones_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 05:59:05 -0500

Hi:

I recently installed the latest version of Rockbox on my Sandisk e250. Yesterday
the unit seized while I was using the back button to cycle backward through a mp3
file.

Now the problem is that after booting past the Rockbox splash screen, the single
word "LOADING" appears on the screen and my SanDisk e250 freezes. I've left it
on for 15 minutes and the screen has stayed frozen.

At this point I'm thus unable to boot into Rockbox.

I can, however, boot into the Original Firmware and play all the podcasts by that
means.

Prior to Rockbox crashing, I deleted several files on the unit using Rockbox. I
then accessed an mp3 file and proceeding to navigate backward thru the file when
the system froze. I had no choice but to close the program via a long press of the
power button.

Can anyone suggest what I can do to troubleshoot and eliminate this problem? Is
there a particular file I can delete which would free up the system?

I'm desperate as the OF can't hold a candle to Rockbox. .

Thanx for any suggestions and Happy New Year to all.

Wndy