Subject: h320 battery problem

h320 battery problem

From: ? <0.23_at_mail.ru>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 21:38:32 -0600

Hello

I have had my h320 with rockbox installed for over a year. All of a
sudden, I seem to be getting issues with the battery. When I turn the
unit on, it starts up the bootloader and displays battery voltage,
around 4.07v if it hasn't been used in the last hour.

Now, when i use it to listen to music, i get about 20-35min before it
just dies for no reason. When i try to turn it on, it displays the
bootloader, shows the voltage being around 3.50 and lower and then crashes.

 If i let it sit for 10 mins, then turn it on, it shows the voltage at
about 3.78 and continues to load to rockbox. Rockbox then shows the
battery as nearly empty. If i let it sit or try to play music it
crashes and the voltage goes down again.

Now if i let it sit for 30min-1hour the voltage steadly goes back up to
4.00-4.07 and rockbox displays the battery as full.

Is it a bad battery or is it something else?
(and if it is a bad battery anybody know where i can get a replacement?)