Subject: Can Pic'nRoll Truly media player 4G play nicely ogg's with rockbox firmware?

Can Pic'nRoll Truly media player 4G play nicely ogg's with rockbox firmware?

From: Javier Vasquez <jevv.cr_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 15:01:59 -0600

Hi,

I acquired a Pic'nRoll Trully media player 4G, since it was advertised
to support ogg's from Q1 to Q10. However at the end, that support is
not so good. I get little jumps while listenning at times. Also the
screen can not be on while playing oggs, because the playing slows
down. And there can not be any activity on th eplayer at all while
playing oggs since that deteriorates the sound quality. This is
evident while playing ogg's mostly. I haven't experienced much
problems with mp3's...

I was wondering if all that could be worked around by using rockBox
firmware instead of the original one, or if instead it's the hardware
which doesn't really support ogg's as advertised. Any ways, previous
to that, is this player supportted by the rockBox firmware? I was
looking for it under the download page and I didn't find it, does it
mean it's not?

Thanks,

--
Javier