Subject: Re: Questions about the voiced interface

Re: Questions about the voiced interface

From: Woody Anna Dresner <wadresner_at_hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 09:21:51 -1000

At 03:05 AM 1/23/2008, Andrew wrote:
>Here's what I do to manage this.
>
>I instruct the file browser to follow the playlist. Then, to here
>the track, I hit the
>select button, which drops me from the wps into the file browser. If I
>can't hear the track name over the music, I hit the stop button. Most
>of the time when I do this, the music stops and Rockbox repeats the
>track name. If it doesn't say the track name, however, then a quick
>press of up followed by down gets the track name repeated. Then I just
>hit play to resume.

Hi Andrew,

I just tried this; I turned on my iPod Nano and the track I was
previously playing started up (I have Resume Playback and Follow
Playlist on). I pressed Select to go into the file browser and heard
the name of the track. I pressed Long Play, which is Stop on the
iPod, and heard the name of the current folder, not the current file.
Moving up and down in that menu simply took me to other folders on
the player. Interesting that we're getting different results; I
wonder if this is only an issue on the iPods. If my player worked the
way yours does, I would agree that no additional options were necessary.

Regards,
Anna