Subject: Re: Rbcreating voice file via rbutil and sapi5

Re: Rbcreating voice file via rbutil and sapi5

From: Dominik Wenger <domonoky_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 18:13:50 +0100

Jason Boston schrieb:
> Hi all,
> I have the latest version of rbutil "rbutilqt-m1.0.4pre.exe" and have
> been able to create a voice file, but it's in the Daniel real speak
> voice. My default SAPI 5 synth voice is Jill, and that is the voice my
> .talk clips come out in when I run voice box+, but not when I run
> rbutil. Also, if I use rbutil, to create .talk clips the same Daniel
> voice is used
>
> How do I get rbutil to use the default voice I want when creating either
> a voice file or .talk clips?

Hi,

I recently added an option to rbutil so you can select the specific
sapi5 voice rbutil uses (in the config dialog where you select the TTS
engine, there is also a TTS configuration button).

I dont know if this prerelease of rbutil already has this feature or
not. So you could check the sapi configuration of you rbutil version,
(its probably not to good to use with a screenreader).

Or else you have to wait till i finish with the command line interface
for rbutil, then it also should be accessible for blinds :-)

greets,