Subject: compiling the manual and the rb utility with cygwin

compiling the manual and the rb utility with cygwin

From: alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 11:36:37 -0000

Hi list.
I have a few questions. Does anyone no how to compile the rb utility with
cygwin?
secondly, i installed patch 8521 last night from the patch tracker that
allows a person to save the pitch settings, I like this patch as you can now
adjust the pitch from the sound settings menu and don't have to use the wps
context menu, also it actually gives you verble feedback on what your pitch
is where as for some reason when you adjust it from within the option called
pitch in the wps context menu you get no speech feedback at all.
Anyway this patch makes changes to the manual, I would like to be able to
just read the updated manual. But when i tried to get cygwin to build the
updated manual i got as far as asking for a file name, then it didn't like
any name i put in and came up with hundreds of errors. as far as i no
everything i need to compile the manual was installed when i installed
cygwin.
So is there anyway i can get cygwin to save all the error messages it
outputs to a log file, so i can send the output to the list in order to work
out what is missing or what I am doing wrong?
Thanks for your help.
Alex.