Subject: Re: mean of bookmark files' format

Re: mean of bookmark files' format

From: Magnus Holmgren <lear_at_algonet.se>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 19:38:00 +0100

claudio capriati wrote:

> i think that if existing it , we could upload one file that contains
> the entire album of artist on the player, and we could scroll in to
> audio file through bookmark list. it is good because if you extract
> all cd audio in a single track with que file, you can backup it for an
> eventual future masterizzation and use it on player scrolling through
> bookmark list.

Are you talking about .cue files? If so, Rockbox already supports those,
and I don't quite understand why you'd want to convert it to bookmarks...

>> 2. Resume offset (in bytes)
> ok, but if I've the bookmark point expressed in minutes seconds and
> frame how can i calculate it?

You need access to the file itself, to locate the right position. The
exact method depends on the file format. (And it's complicated enough to
be outside the scope of this mailing list, I'd say. :)

>> 3. Shuffle seed
> what means? what are the right values for this field and thair meaning?>

A (pseudo-)random number generator needs a start value, from which
further values are calculated. This is the start value to use, and
controls how the playlist will be shuffled, if shuffle (below) is
enabled. Otherwise it is safe to set to 0.

>> 5. Resume time (in ms)
> how can i convert time expressed in minutes seconds and frames to time
> expressed in ms?

The minutes and seconds part is easy, just take minutes * 60 + seconds,
then multiply that by 1000. As I don't know what kind of frames you're
talking about, I don't know how to add that.

:)

>> 6. Repeat mode (see settings.h for possible values)
> i'm sorry, what is setting.h? where is it?

Source code file. You can see the latest version of it here:

http://svn.rockbox.org/viewvc.cgi/trunk/apps/settings.h?view=markup

>> 7. Shuffle on (1) or off (0)
> what means and wich is the different wit shuffle seed?

It specifies the state of the shuffle setting when the bookmark was created.

   Magnus