Subject: Some newbie questions concerning the Ipod video

Some newbie questions concerning the Ipod video

From: Celeste Fisher <celestefisher79_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 20:10:59 -0700

Hi.
I was recently given an 80 gb Ipod video with RockBox on it. I am a blind
RockBox user and have never used an Ipod in my life. So I have a few
questions.
1. In the Rockbox manual, it says that the WPS (while Playing Screen) has
certain components to it, such as album name, song name, artist name, track
time and time elapsed. Is there a way to get Rockbox to speak these
components as well? If so, can someone let me know how I can do that?
2. I downloaded the voicebox program from the voice howto section of the
wiki, in order for Rockbox to speak out the filenames and directory names.
It does work wonderfully, my problem with it though is, it recorded the
clips in Microsoft Sam. I have a variety of text to speech voices, such as
ScanSoft voices, Neospeech voices and the like, and I would like to use one
of them. There was a little blurb in the readme about setting the script up
so you could use other voices but I really didn't understand what it said,
or how to do it, so if someone could help I'd appreciate it greatly.
3. Earlier in the day today, someone mentioned they had an Ipod video and I
think he said he had it to where his would beep when he made a keystroke or
something. Can you let me know how I can set mine to beep as well? Thanks
for any help you all might be able to give.