Subject: Re: H10 20GB

Re: H10 20GB

From: Frans Grotepass <fmgrotepass_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 09:56:12 +0100

On Tuesday 19 February 2008, David Hall wrote:
> Don't let your love for your H320 unnecessarily sway you towards an
> iRiver H10. The H10 is not a coldfire powered beast with the awesome
> recording and user interface you possibly associate with iRiver.
>
> The H10 is an iPod (with color screen) by another name. (and with a
> silly slider touchpad)
>
> I'm not passing judgment, just throwing that out there in case you were
> dismissing iPods out-of-hand.

In short, a recording mp3 player with built in FM radio (that runs
Rockbox ofcourse) is quite scarce. The dual line outs is not an absolute
requirement, but could be nice. The gigabeats are not too badly priced
on fleabay. I'll check out one of them. The Ipods have a sleek design,
but lack functionality such as integrated FM or recording. (well so do
the gigabeats...) The IPods are also an option, although decent battery
life is also quite nice. Maybe, considering all, the H300 or X5(L) are
after all the only one meeting my requirements... What a pity... We'll
have to dig around for a X5L...