Subject: Re: I think I bricked my sansa e280.

Re: I think I bricked my sansa e280.

From: Emlyn Addison <noisyblocks_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 10:51:43 -0500

> Simply put, you run it from a Terminal. cd to wherever you saved the
> file (presumably your desktop: "cd Desktop" from the initial Terminal
> prompt, if I'm remembering OSX correctly). then you should be able to
> run e200tool by "./e200tool-mac" followed by the command line options
> stated on the wiki page.
> For example (assuming BL_SD_boardSupportSD.rom is in the same place as
> e200tool): "./e200tool-mac recover BL_SD_boardSupportSD.rom" and
> hitting Enter would run the command, and assuming you have your e200
> plugged in and in manufacture mode, it should recover the bootloader
> and allow you to follow to the other recovery procedures.

Thanks, Josh.

Presumably the "BL_SD_boardSupportSD.rom" you mention would be the
"i2c-e280.bin" ROM dump file that I downloaded from the ROM downloads
section of the same page? (My model is the e280)

So this is what I entered, and the response:

    ./e200tool-mac recover i2c-e280.bin
    -bash: ./e200tool-mac: Permission denied

I checked read/write permissions on the file (and even set group to
read/write) but I get the same response. I'm assuming I need
write/execute permissions?