Rockbox mail archiveSubject: Re: Which IPOD?
Re: Which IPOD?
From: Frans Grotepass <fmgrotepass_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 08:32:06 +0100
Adam Cripps is looking for a new player to replace his h320
As mentioned, all the Rockbox platforms are discontinued. Hopefully this
will change in the near future. My H320 also pegged a while ago. The
H300 series is a tough player to replace. It has 2 line outs, a radio
and a recoring function with line in (and obviously it runs rockbox).
At the time I was seriously thinking about buying a second hand player.
A IAudio X5L30 or X560 came to play. A second H320/340 was also
After some deliberation the choice was to buy a new player. They do get
bumped around and a new one suffered less knocks. My choice came to the
IAudio D2 8GB flash player. It is a shmoothy.
* 50hr playback on a charge.
* 10hr 320x240 max 2Mbps max 30fps divx video playback on charge
* ogg and flac support
* recording function (unfortunately only as wma)
* lightweight and small as to be expected from a flash player
* SD card slot capable of handling HCSD (up to 32GB). The fact that it
is SD and not mini/micro SD is a bonus, since the big cards have the
higher capacities for cheaper sooner.
* optional line out for video. The quality of the video is better than
VHS and is good enough for playback on CRT TVs. I use this
* Possible future Rockbox port.
All in all, it is a neat combo in a small package. Check out the prices
of the players on the continent. It is quite a bit cheaper than the UK
prices. Round end of the year the D3 will be released.
Received on 2008-03-10