Subject: Re: Do I have a battery probem?

Re: Do I have a battery probem?

From: Johan Vromans <jvromans_at_squirrel.nl>
Date: 02 Apr 2008 18:17:43 +0200

Tom Cole <tcole_at_xtra.co.nz> writes:

> On 01 Apr 2008 23:56:40 +0200, Johan Vromans <jvromans_at_squirrel.nl>
> When the voltage falls too low, the Rockbox button handling code thinks
> that you have pressed the Off key. (The lower general voltage reduces
> the voltage on the "off" i/o port to below the critical level.)

Yes, that is exactly the behaviour I see.

> The lower general voltage can be because of higher internal
> resistance in the batteries as they age, or maybe there is higher
> resistance occurring elsewhere in the hardware. You could check this
> by trying fresh, new, fully charged batteries.

Well, I bought some new batteries and put them into operation without
charging. Although they were only 40% full, they worked fine and did
not display the power-off behaviour I described. So I think I can
safely assume the old batteries are worn out, or otherwise no longer
usable for the JBR.

Thanks for the advice.

> The Archos Jukebox Recorder V1 was a great machine - I'm still using
> mine.

Yes, I love it! My car assembly:
http://www.squirrel.nl/pub/xfer/priusarchos.jpg

-- Johan