Subject: Re: sansa e280 apparently bricked

Re: sansa e280 apparently bricked

From: kim <arwynevenstar2_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 20:31:55 -0700 (PDT)

ress the record button while the sansa is on hold with the unit off. I forgot to mention that. It has a hidden partition with the sansa's firmware in it that will still show up. It will show up as 16mb and your drive letter.
  I hope this helps,
  Kim

  Hi there,

RaZorbacK <lists_at_sof-paradise.info> wrote:
  Hi Kim,
kim wrote on 31/05/2008 18:25 :
> Put your sansa on hold, and press the record button. Hold it in, until
> you see/hear it connect. It will show up as 16mb format F or whatever
> your drive letter is. I think the sansa updater can be run from there,
> and restore your original firmware, but its best to look at the unbrick
> procedures, because its been a while since I've had a bricked sansa.
> I just tried the recovery mode on mine though, so I know it works.
Do I have to press those buttons when the sansa is on or off?

Since the sansa is not recognized by the pc now, do you think it will in
recovery mode?

Sory, it's for a friend of mine, so I don't have the bricked sansa here.

thx