Subject: Re: Archos

Re: Archos

From: Glenn Ervin <GlennErvin_at_cableone.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 19:25:49 -0500

Hi Colin, you wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Colin Phelan" <colin_phelan_at_yahoo.co.uk>
To: <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 3:43 PM
Subject: Archos

Hi List,
Can anyone advise me.
I have an Archos Jukebox which I bought off ebay a couple of years ago.
I have Rockbox on this which is great.
I recently had to change my PC and hence re install software etc..
When installing Music Match which from memory was the only disc that came
with the Jukebox I was asked for a key which I no longer had as the box was
thrown away and I think key was written there.
Hence I cannot link my Jukebox to the computer.
Is my understanding correct or is there some other Jukebox software that I
should have, if so where can I get a copy of it.
If it is Music Match preventing me from connecting what can I do about this?
Thanks for your help
Colin
**
Hi Colin,
You don't want any trash like that for your JukeBox, other than for possibly
ripping music from your CDs into MP3 or OGG formats.
After that you should just connect the Archos, and let your Operating System
identify it as a removable drive. You can go to "my computer" and find the
drive, and then you copy & paste the music from wherever you put it on the
computer to the removable drive.
HTH.