Subject: Re: help about Sony nw-e005

Re: help about Sony nw-e005

From: Dave Chapman <dave_at_dchapman.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 18:52:59 +0100

Mark Allums wrote:
> If you can supply the developers with the full specs of the hardware,
> somebody will get around to porting Rockbox to it, however.
>
> Mark Allums

Mark,

Please don't speak on behalf of every Rockbox developer - we're all just
individuals contributing to Rockbox as a hobby in our spare time, all
with our own interests and agendas.

In reality, most of the work on new ports is done by owners of those
devices becoming Rockbox developers, rather than the other way around.

Most existing developers have far more work they would like to do on
Rockbox than they have time for, and that's without porting to new hardware.

Dave.