Subject: Re: help about Sony nw-e005

Re: help about Sony nw-e005

From: Mark Allums <mark_at_allums.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 18:34:55 -0500

Dave Chapman wrote:
> Mark Allums wrote:
>> If you can supply the developers with the full specs of the hardware,
>> somebody will get around to porting Rockbox to it, however.
>>
>> Mark Allums
>
> Mark,
>
> Please don't speak on behalf of every Rockbox developer - we're all just
> individuals contributing to Rockbox as a hobby in our spare time, all
> with our own interests and agendas.
>
> In reality, most of the work on new ports is done by owners of those
> devices becoming Rockbox developers, rather than the other way around.
>
> Most existing developers have far more work they would like to do on
> Rockbox than they have time for, and that's without porting to new
> hardware.
>

> Dave.

Sorry, Dave. I really wasn't intending to speak on behalf of anyone, I
simply failed to be clear. Of course, that is how is happens: someone
who has a particular player takes an interest in getting Rockbox running
on it, and does the work. I have an interest in contributing to Rockbox
myself, and would volunteer; alas, I am not competent enough to get
actual sound running, since I don't have the math, and I don't have the
player, either.

But I guess I need to leave an answer up to someone who might be able to
do the job, I just thought I would save him the trouble of replying
himself, since that's what it boils down to: unlikely to happen.

Again, sorry if I stepped on someone's toes. I will hesitate before
answering such questions in the future.

Mark