Subject: Re: iAudio Cowon D2 with voice files

Re: iAudio Cowon D2 with voice files

From: Rob Purchase <rob.purchase_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 19:10:21 +0100

Alex Bernier wrote:

> Is it possible to use voice files with the iAudio Cowon D2 ?
> I read on the CowonD2Info wiki that some features are not usable for the
> moment and I ask me if menu-voicing is one of these.

Yes, voiced menus work the same as on any Rockbox player. The necessary
english.voice file is not currently linked from the website (the D2 is not a
fully supported target yet) but it can be downloaded from here:

http://www.rockbox.org/voices/cowond2-20080624-english.zip

Please be aware that this is subject to the same disclaimer: many features on
the D2 might not work as expected due to the unreliable filesystem driver.
For this reason I wouldn't recommend using Rockbox for anything more than
development/testing/curiosity purposes, for the moment.

Cheers,

Rob.